In this Scrutinizer review: the basic topics of a NetFlow (and other flows) collector and reporter.
The name is carefully chosen, according to the merriam-webster translation it means: to examine (something) carefully especially in a critical way.
Scrutinizer review in a nutshell
A few highlights about Scrutinizer:
- It is one of the leading network flow products on the market (there are a lot of products but only a few go further).
- Is vendor agnostic and handles any flows like sFlow, Netflow, JFlow and IPFIX.
- Stores ALL the data and can report on it.
- Reporting is fast.
- It scales from very small to very large environments.
- The way Scrutinizer is designed, makes it also a forensic and security tool, it can alert on traffic patterns and has DNS integration and gives visibility on your network that normally stays hidden.
- Can be used stand-alone or integrated with other monitoring tools.